digital EC & salinity sensor
- Low cost, low maintenance, EC/Salinity/Temperature probe
- Digital interface stores calibration data for quick installation and low ongoing maintenance
- RS-485 or SDI-12 outputs
- Suitable for sea, marine, fresh and waste water applications
- Connect to our range of data loggers or we can assist in connecting the sensors to your existing system
The electrode works with a technology in 4 electrodes: an alternating current of constant-voltage is established between a primary’s pair of electrodes in graphite. The secondary’s electrodes in platinum allow of regulate the voltage imposed to primary’s electrodes to reflect of the fouling. The voltage measured between the primary’s electrodes is in function of the resistance of place and so, of the conductivity.
The “smart” Digital C4E sensor stores calibration and history data within the sensor. This allows you a “plug and play” system without re-calibration.
Thanks to the Universal Modbus RS485 protocol, the PONSEL Digital C4E can be connected to all devices commonly used (Datalogger, Controller, Automat, Remote System…).
whole system monitoring solutions
Our systems not only support dissolved oxygen sensors but can support additional parameters including pH, EC/salinity, dissolved carbon dioxide, dissolved methane, hydrogen sulfide, water level and more.
At Edaphic Scientific we want to work with you from the start of your project through to its completion. We can provide:
- Assistance with project and experimental design
- Procurement of all monitoring equipment, including sensors, data loggers and data management software. Edaphic Scientific is a one-stop shop where we can source and find any necessary equipment for your project from our preferred suppliers or third party suppliers
- Installation and training
- On-going assistance with data interpretation and equipment maintenance
- Data correction and analysis, including statistical analysis with the R-package
- Report and publication preparation including tables, figures, graphs, and manuscript writing
advanced data collection and management solutions
Edaphic Scientific recognises the need for flexible and adaptable sensor and data logging solutions for experimental or environmental monitoring projects.
Data can be downloaded directly in the field from data loggers. A direct connection between the data loggers and your computer, via a USB cable, can be used for manual downloading of data.
Alternatively, data can be downloaded over the internet on your iPhone, iPad or desktop computer with the Eagle.io cloud-based, data management software solutions. Through this remote based downloading capabilities, you can download, view and manage your data, and system, anywhere in the world and at anytime.
- Measure principle: Conductivity sensor with 4 electrodes (2 graphic, 2 platinum)
- Conductivity Measurement Ranges: 0-200,0 μS/cm; 0 –2000 μS/cm; 0,00 –20,00 mS/cm; 0,0 –200,0 mS/cm
- Resolution: 0.01 to 1 according the range
- Accuracy +/- 1 % of the full range
- Salinity Measurement Range: 5-60 g/Kg
- TDS Measurement Range: 0-133 000 ppm
- Response time: < 5 s
- Working temperature: 0°C to 50°C
- Temperature compensation: NTC
- Stocking temperature: - 10°C to + 60°C
- Signal interface: Modbus RS-485 (option SDI-12)
- Maximum refreshing time: Max < 1 s
- Sensor power-supply: 5 to 12 volts
- Electric consumption Standby : 25 μA
- Average RS-485 (1 measure/second) : 6.3 mA
- Average SDI-12 (1 measure/second) : 92 mA
- Current pulse : 500 mA
- Sensor Dimensions: Diameter : 27 mm ; Length : 177 mm
- Weight: 350g (sensor + 3 m cable)
- Material: PVC, DELRIN, stainless steel
- Maximum pressure: 5 bars
- Connection: 9 armoured connectors, polyurethane jacket, bare-wires or waterproof Fisher connector
- Environmental Protection: IP68
manual & docs
- C4E EC Sensor Brochure
- C4E EC Sensor Specifications
- C4E EC Sensor Manual
- CTZN Inductive EC Sensor Brochure
- CTZN Inductive EC Sensor Specifications