drill & drop bluetooth probe
simple, powerful soil moisture monitoring tool
Our Drill & Drop Bluetooth probe is a simple, powerful soil moisture monitoring tool.
The probe is designed for ease of use. Data can be collected on your mobile phone using our app without the need for complex, and expensive cellular, and satellite modem telemetry.
Drill & Drop Bluetooth can be used for vegetable crops, flower farming, berries, crop research and consulting as well as tree pots and nurseries.
- Cable-free, battery-powered and easy to relocate.
- The tapered shape allows for extremely fast and high-quality undisturbed installation in the majority of soil types.
- Ability to measure the true soil profile, NOT slurry.
- Pre-normalised sensors with inbuilt default calibration equations.
- Once downloaded to the Connect App, your data is then uploaded to IrriMAX Live.
- Soil moisture charts are displayed in IrriMAX Live through any web browser on your phone or laptop.
- Available with moisture, salinity and temperature sensors at every 10 cm (4 inches) depth.
- Best choice for vegetable crops, due to the fast and easy install and extraction techniques.
- Ideal for use in areas without mobile reception, simply download the data to your phone in the field and upload later on when back at the office.
- Manage irrigations to save water, power, fertilizer and time, along with increased yields and quality.
- Fast and undisturbed, slurry-free installation procedure, increasing the validity of soil moisture and salinity readings.
- Combine soil moisture, salinity and temperature readings to see what’s happening in the soil profile.
- Vegetables: For fast-growing crops make sure every irrigation is effective, and track moisture from planting through to harvest for a quality crop. Simple to remove and reinstall.
- Cut Flowers: Simple solution for monitoring soil temperature and water content. Low to the ground, this cable-free probe won’t get in the way during picking.
- Blueberries: Monitor root development and water uptake. The 30cm/1ft probe is ideal to place inside pots to monitor water movement through the substrate and can be easily moved.
- Crop Research: Easily collect data from multiple probes through one click on a smartphone. A simpler option for monitoring plant growth, root development, and water uptake as there are no cables running to telemetry devices. The probes are easily moved from project to project, giving you a greater return on your equipment investment.
- Tree Pots, Nurseries: No more cables getting in the way in your nursery, move pots around knowing that the probe will keep reading. Collect the moisture using your phone to build a picture of tree health and optimize your irrigation timing and rates.
- Crop Consulting: Ideal for diagnostic work, the Bluetooth Drill & Drop probe is easy to install and easy to remove – so you can move it around rows and crops easily. Monitor wetting patterns from drip irrigation by using two probes on either side of the emitter and IrriMAX’s 2D analyzer feature.
All sensors and electronics are encapsulated within the probe rod. The probe rod cannot be disassembled, apart from accessing the battery in the top cap.
A probe can accumulate about 2000 samples/reading before the oldest readings are overwritten. This should be over 30 days with 30-minute samplings.
|Bluetooth Requirements||4.0 or later (Bluetooth Low Energy)|
|Sensors are measured starting from the top sensor||5cm, 15cm, 25cm etc.|
|Moisture Sensor Resolution||1:10000|
|Moisture Sensor Precision||±0.03% vol.|
|TriSCAN Sensor Resolution||1:6000|
|Temperature Sensor Accuracy||±2 Deg. C @ 25 Deg C.|
|Temperature Sensor Resolution||0.3 Deg C.|
|Temperature range (operating)||-20 Deg C to +60 Deg C.|
|Voltage Supply||High Current 3.6V Lithium-ion "AA" Cell Note: For reliable operation, 1.5V lithium cells are not suitable.|
|Battery life||3.5 years of continuous operation With a 120cm/4Ft TriSCAN probe using the default 30-minute sample interval and 2 downloads per day from one mobile device.|
manual & docs
- Drill & Drop Bluetooth Datasheet
- Drill & Drop Bluetooth Installation Guide
- Drill & Drop Bluetooth Probe Manual V1.0