SD-5T & SD-10T models for stems 5 to 70 mm diameter
The SD-5T and SD-10T utilise state-of-the-art technology for precision measurements of stem growth dynamics.
With a measurement resolution of 0.001 mm, the SD-series of dendrometers can measure and monitor micro-variations and growth in small or herbaceous stems.
The dendrometers are currently being used by scientists from the US Forest Service, University of Melbourne, University of Queensland, NSW Department of Primary Industries, and more.
The dendrometers are also extremely popular with growers with many sensors deployed on crops such as almonds, grapevines, mangoes, macadamias, and more.
The SD-type sensor consists of an LVDT probe mounted in special fixing brackets and a DC powered signal conditioner.
SD-5T and SD-10T models have different fixing brackets for the same 5 mm LVDT probe. The SD-5T bracket fits stems with 5 to 25 mm in diameter. The SD-10T bracket is suitable for 20 to 70 mm stems.
whole system monitoring solutions
Our systems not only support dendrometers, but related sensors such as sap flow, soil moisture, weather parameters, and more.
At Edaphic Scientific we want to work with you from the start of your project through to its completion. We can provide:
- Assistance with project and experimental design
- Procurement of all monitoring equipment, including sensors, data loggers and data management software. Edaphic Scientific is a one-stop shop where we can source and find any necessary equipment for your project from our preferred suppliers or third party suppliers
- Installation and training
- On-going assistance with data interpretation and equipment maintenance
- Data correction and analysis, including statistical analysis with the R-package
- Report and publication preparation including tables, figures, graphs, and manuscript writing
advanced data collection and management solutions
Edaphic Scientific recognises the need for flexible and adaptable sensor and data logging solutions for experimental or environmental monitoring projects.
Data can be downloaded directly in the field from data loggers. A direct connection between the data loggers and your computer, via a USB cable, can be used for manual downloading of data.
Alternatively, data can be downloaded over the internet on your iPhone, iPad or desktop computer with the Eagle.io cloud-based, data management software solutions. Through this remote based downloading capabilities, you can download, view and manage your data, and system, anywhere in the world and at anytime.
|Measurement Range||0 to 5 mm|
|Stem Diameter Range (mm)||SD-5M: 5 to 25 | SD-6M: 20 to 70|
|Sensitivity||0.4 V / mm|
|Noise||< 1 mV w/filter, 1 kHz cutoff|
|Output||SDI-12, RS-485, Voltage or 4..20mA|
|Supply Voltage||10 to 30 VDC|
|Power||SD-5/6M: 1.5 W max | SD-5/6Mi: 2 W max|
|Operating Temperature||0 to 50 ℃|
|Temperature Effect||< 0.02 % total stroke / ℃|
|Excitation Time||5 seconds|
|Cable length between probe and signal conditioner||1 m|
|Cable length between signal conditioner and data logger||5 m (standard) | maximum: 10 m for voltage sensors; 200 m for 4 .. 20 mA sensors|
manual & docs
- SD-5T and SD-10T Dendrometer Manual
- Dendrometers Plant Growth Monitoring v2
- Phytomonitoring Dendrometer Guide
- Soil and Plant Monitoring for Irrigation v2
- Dendrometers: multi-purpose sensors